It’s Blogiversary Time so that’s a great time for looking back, right?
A perfect opportunity to see which the most read posts have been on my blog have been this year.
So without further-ado here are the Top 10 Posts to be read on this blog over the last year. I’ve taken out giveaways and Page posts as these are popular for reasons other than themselves.
1) When God was a Rabbit– This was one of my first ever requested review. It’s a book I really enjoyed and it gets a lot of traffic from search engines.
2) Harry Potter Merchandise– I loved making this post for Harry Potter Week. It’s lots of different Harry Potter related items you can buy- mainly from etsy.
3) About a Boy– I went through a bit of a Nick Hornby phase (set off by the Rory List). This review is interesting because I do a lot of comparison to the film. Usually I write film reviews and compare them to the books, not the other way around.
4) Film Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (part 2)- Personally I like this post just for the troll comment, however it’s also probably one of my more extensive film reviews.
5) How Winning the Lottery Changed my Life– I’m not particularly fond of this review, possibly because I was less than impressed by the book. I think it’s the title that gives me the hits.
6) The War of Don Emmanuel’s Nether Parts– I’m glad this is a popular post. It’s one of my favourite books, and I’m quite happy with the review too. I imagine a lot of the hits have to do with me giving it away (twice), naming it as one of the best books I have read since starting this blog and it being my book of the year last year
7) Sputnik Sweetheart– Another favourite author, although this is not my favourite Murakami. No idea why this particular post is popular actually.
8) Half Blood Blues– This is a book which was nominated for a few awards which explains why people could be interested in a review. The post has a couple of pingbacks too which helps. Not my favourite book but the review is quite good I think for a book I wasn’t bowled over by.
9) 50 Shades of Grey and Decency– I think that this is quite a recent post and the only musings post in this top 10 really says something about how people feel about 50 Shades of Grey. I love all the debate on this post too.
10) The Whereabout of Enea’s McNulty– The only reason I could see for this post being popular is because of the popularity of The Secret Scripture which this is a prequel of.